Sunday, November 13, 2005

Who are the people in my neighbourhood?

I really want to introduce you to some of my friends at OM and so today I will begin with a couple of lovely pictures I have. You may remember that I have asked you to pray for Rafael and Alice's baby, Filip. Filip has had problems with his kidney and is expected to have surgery to correct the problem sometime in the spring. Here he is, with Vlad, one of my team members. Vlad works with Kids' Games, a huge outreach program that involves whole villages in sports activities and lunch programs in the summer months. Vlad is Moldovan, and a really nice guy who is very capable with techno stuff. He's the one I go to when I need a CD burned or want to buy a cell phone. Vlad is also responsible for the literature ministry we have - and just returned from Romania where he picked up a shipment of Christian books to make available to churches in Moldova.
Perhaps you would like to meet Filip's mom and dad too? Here is Alice with Filip and then on the right there is a photo of Rafael. That's my Romanian friend, Dana, with him. Rafael is our team leader for the Chisinau team. He and Alice are from Romania and they live in the apartment above the OM Centre. Since I've been here - because of Filip's health problems - they have been in Romania quite a bit of the time. They both speak English very well and Alice wants Filip to learn English, so I have volunteered to speak English to him. Not a difficult task at all!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Barb

    Good to how you are doing. Does french help you learn Romanian. Say hi to Dana and Claudia!

    James

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous5:57 p.m.

    Barb, I absolutely love reading your blog and the pics are fantastic! I almost feel like I am there with you as I read your posts. This is just an amazing opportunity for you!

    Carol (in WA)

    ReplyDelete