Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Birthday abroad


Last week was my birthday. And it was great! Not only did my host treat me like a princess, cleaning my boots, doing my laundry and giving me flowers, but the OM team gave me a gift and in the evening a group of the English-speaking women on the team took me out to a very nice restaurant. There were some interesting items on the menu but I really enjoyed the steak I ordered.
We were so full, in fact, that we didn't have dessert - and I had seen some chocolate fondue on the menu, too! But I honestly didn't want any more food. Anyway, the group that took me out was an international one: Jeannine from Holland, Aniko from Hungary, Claudia from Switzerland, Helen from Britain, and Alice from Romania. It was a wonderful evening, complete with live music! And to top of the day, I had telephone calls from all my kids. It doesn't get any better than that! Thanks to all! And thanks to everyone who has sent birthday greetings. I will be celebrating for a while as there are some packages in the mail that haven't arrived yet.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous4:56 a.m.

    Barb, happy belated birthday! Sounds like you had a very memorable day and a birthday that will be remembered for a very long time!

    ReplyDelete