Thursday, September 01, 2005

Brussels today, Budapest tomorrow


Hello everyone!
Today I had a great adventure and was successful in my endeavour. I got up early (5 a.m.!!!) to catch a train to Brussels, Belgium. It was a 4 hour trip and I had to change trains three times - and did so without getting totally muddled. Arrived in Bruxelles, took a cab to the Moldovan Embassy and within 3 hours I had applied for, paid for, and received my visa. Truly the Lord was with me and blessed me. We hoped I would be able to get a one-year visa but coming away, I wasn't sure from the form whether I had a 90-day one or a one-year. But now I know that it is, indeed, a one-year visa - Praise God! And it cost less than was expected.
So I took a sightseeing tour of Brussels (who knows when/if I'll ever be there again?!) and then jumped on a train back to Holland. Arrived back here at the conference at 9 pm. Tomorrow we leave here at 2 pm to fly to Budapest. Keep praying! I'll write more when there's nobody waiting in line for computers. Blessings to you all. Barb

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous1:18 a.m.

    Hi Barb:

    Well, I got this recent note about this BLOG and thought I should let you know we have not fallen off the face of the earth.

    We are also heading for a different kind of ministry. On October first we will become House Parents for a new maternity home that is opening in Stratford, ON. It is quite a shift in direction and we are looking forward to it. We are looking for a place for Sara to stay here in Tillsonburg as we will not have room for her in the Mat Home. She only has a year left until graduation. Shannon is also trying to figure out the direction for the rest of her life and that is complicated by Mikayla's presence. Mikayla is a real sweet heart and we are enjoying having her as a part of our family.

    So, that is it for us for now. I have bookmarked your page so will be checking back frequently.

    ReplyDelete