Friday, September 09, 2005

One week completed at MTS


Hello, loyal readers!
Actually, I'm not so sure if I have loyal readers or not as I have no Comments!!! Please, dear friends, when you come to visit stop and say hello or send me an e-mail. I need to know if this blog is serving any purpose in terms of informing you of my adventures. I am going to attempt to put a few prayer requests on from time to time, and will continue to add photos when I have appropriate ones. This photo is just a pretty one I took on my train trip from Holland to Belgium last week. I can hardly believe we have now been at Missionary Training School for a whole week! It has been a great week and I think gradually all of us are feeling more comfortable with one another and adjusting to the challenges of community living. We have had some really good teaching this week on Calling, the Biblical Basis of Missions, Law and Grace, Apects of the Cross, and Living a Life of Service, and Cooking in a Foreign Context. As well as good teachers, we have had some interesting discussions about some of the issues that may face us as we go to our various countries. Last night we watched a video called 'A Candle in the Dark', about the life of William Carey, father of modern missions. We had a good discussion about it this morning, especially from the perspective of a missionary's responsibility to their family. We have two couples in the group, whose photos I will have to take so I can introduce them properly to you.

Tomorrow we finally get to go to Budapest! I am so excited and I will take some great photos and hopefully find some souvenirs to send to my sons. I already mailed a parcel to Marah, but finding things for the boys is always more difficult. We're all going to be going in two vans, and now that we know each other better, it should be a really fun time.
I'll check out now but hope to get some comments from a few of you! Blessings, Barb

5 comments:

  1. Anonymous11:54 p.m.

    I just got caught up on the news and I am a loyal reader, Barb! I'm glad things are going well - have fun in Budapest! And what's with the junk mail comments that you are getting?!
    Karen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous3:27 a.m.

    Barb,
    My name is Erin and I live in Arizona, USA.
    I was roomates with Dana for about eight months. I love hear dearly and it is really nice to read what you are doing. Writting in english gets frustrating for her so I dont get to hear much about what is going on. I hope you don't mind that I find out about the both of you at the same time. Keep it up, she seams to really care for you.
    Erin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous3:29 p.m.

    All the best on your relocating to Budapest.

    Kevin Crannie
    Member of Yorkminster Park Baptist Church, Toronto, ON
    http://kevincrannie.blogspot.com
    http://thornetown-crier.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous3:53 p.m.

    Hi Barb,

    I have been following your stories and pictures from the beginning, and be assured that my thoughts and prayers are with you. Your write-ups and pictures are most interesting. I have faithfully made hard copies for Kate Irish and Winnie Brown as they are not on the internet.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Barb! I've been enjoying reading your blog very much. It looks like you are enjoying some late summer there in Budapest.

    I was at the Bible study this past Tuesday morning, and we prayed for you.

    We have found an apartment, furnished, and close to the subway (Broadview). We move in on Monday or Tuesday.

    Enjoy this time - I know that you are making the most of it!

    much love,
    Susan

    ReplyDelete