Tuesday, September 13, 2005

The Beauty of Budapest






Some of the sights

So...on Saturday we piled into the vans and headed off for Budapest. Joska (OM Hungary staff person/crazy guy) was driving our van and kept us all in stitches
the whole time. But we arrived safely and took lots of pictures at the various places we stopped. We spent a fair bit of time near Heroes' Square and I found a quiet place in the park behind it to sit and drink a cappuccino and write some postcards.





One of the American girls, Erika,is from a Hungarian family and she was able to go and visit her grandmother during this time.








Later we went up the hill to the castle district and Sally and I did a bit of shopping. We watched a woman completing a tablecloth she had been working on in the traditional Hungarian style - it was quite a piece of handiwork. I also bought a mug to add to my collection (I know my kids won't be surprised to hear that).





How to get around in Moldova...?

As many of you know I recently obtained my motorcycle license - but I have never had the opportunity to
own a bike of my own. So in Budapest I did some shopping around to consider what form of transportation I might use in Moldova ...










...and after much consideration,this is what I decided on:More friends to meet

There are some people you haven't met yet, such as Eun Ha and her husband Eun Chuul, a really sweet couple from South Korea. Eun Chuul has been serving as a youth pastor and now they are heading to Albania to serve the Lord there.








You also haven't met Victoria,
who - as well as Granny Sally - is from northern Ireland. Victoria has come to help take care of the children during the training school. Sally helps with the cooking and kitchen work and she is an absolute delight and full of life and humour. They attend the home church of Heather,
who leads the training course
along with her husband Parnesh.
I'll have to put in a photo of them next time.














Blessings to you all from Budapest!


4 comments:

  1. Anonymous11:22 p.m.

    MOMMY!!!! Look! I'm reading, and commenting on your blog!!! Aren't you proud?! I want to come visit you now, please. I want to experience the beauty in Moldova and ride a big stone fish with you!!! I love you muchly!
    Marah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous12:40 a.m.

    Barb,

    Great pictures! It sounds like you are doing wonderful! I will pray that it stays that way for you.

    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous3:08 a.m.

    Absolutely beautiful pictures. All of your stories are so exciting and full of enthusiasm and I always look forward to the next one. You sound so incredibly happy and I am so proud of what you are taking on.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous9:24 p.m.

    Barb,
    I just looked up your blogspot after Esther informed me. Blessings to you in this new venture as you have responed to a fresh call from God in your life. The pictures are beautiful. I look forward to keeping in touch with you and learning more about what this means for you.
    I am retiring Dec, 31st and Brenda Mann will begin Jan. 1st as the new Exec. Dir. I feel this is a blessing to have such a gifted women take this leadership role.
    Blessings to you, Nancy W.

    ReplyDelete