Monday, May 21, 2007

Summer fare

It's only mid-May and already it's beginning to feel like summer. It is lovely and warm but generally not too hot. In my apartment I can keep my windows open and there is a nice breeze blowing through. This evening the sky is diamond-studded and a lovely breeze was gentle on my face as I stood and looked out at the darkened square. In the market there are strawberries already! Still expensive but I bought some on Friday and they were soooooo good! There are also new potatoes and chives and beets with greens - yummm. I made a stew and a big pot of soup this weekend. A friend from the US came with a mission team and brought me a huge care package including lots of Crisco and whole wheat flour and All-Bran. I haven't made any pies yet but I bought apples today and will make an apple pie this week, I do believe. Don't you love the growing season?

No comments:

Post a Comment