Monday, August 14, 2006

Moldovan Wedding


Last Saturday Ianosh and Mariana got married. Ianosh is one of my team members and this was a wedding that I had reallly looked forward to. I only actually attended one part of it as Moldovan weddings are fairly drawn out. The day before, the couple went to the magistrate and got 'legally' married. On Saturday morning, they had a Christian wedding, with their church family and friends all present for a 9 a.m. ceremony (which actually didn't start till about 9.30 a.m.) We had a reception at the OM base and then they carried on to the more traditional family wedding wanted by the bride's parents. Had I gone there I would have seen some of the more tradional (Orthodox) components of the wedding. But I only went to the first part.

No comments:

Post a Comment