Monday, August 29, 2005

Life in Holland...

...has been incredibly busy so far but very pleasant. I have had trouble accessing computer hook-ups and have yet to accomplish the photo thing as I discovered I forgot the appropriate software. At any rate, not spending time on computers means spending more time with people and what is better than that? As a matter of fact yesterday afternoon I had a great visit with Susan and Anders Carlen when they stopped by on their way back from Sweden to Canada! That was pretty great! I sent hugs with them to deliver to anyone at home that needs one from me, so be sure to collect!
Last night we had an amazing program of acts from representatives from many of the countries. It was wonderful and truly a celebration of our diversity. Not to mention hilarious!!

Then today we spent the day doing a very realistic simulation of a mission trip! It was a wonderful team experience and with 3 Koreans, 2 Italians, 1 Spaniard, 1 Trinidadian, 1 German and myself on our team, we had an interesting time together trying to communicate with the family we 'visited' in the fictional country we went to. As a result of this experience and the debriefing we have had and will be doing, we will really have a better sense of what preparation is needed, both emotionally, and logistically for heading to the mission field. I was elected the group leader and I must say that our mission trip to Poland in 2003 was a helpful thing for me in going through this exercise today.
Anyway, I just dashed into the computer room on my way to supper, so I must sign off. Hope to hear from some of you soon. May the Lord bless and keep each one of you. You can be sure that He has me in His care, thanks to your prayers, and I am still excited about following Jesus to Moldova!

No comments:

Post a Comment