Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Homeless - with Wealth beyond compare


Yesterday I took the final loads of 'stuff' from my house: a load to the dump, a load to the storage unit, and a load to my son's apartment. With each load delivered I felt like a weight was lifted and I was preparing to soar. I vacuumed the empty house, put out the recycling, gave the refrigerator remains to the neighbour across the street and took one last walk-through.

I thanked the Lord for the good years we have had there and as I stood in each empty room I envisioned in my mind's eye some of the memories we made in that room. I gave thanks for my children - Josh, Ben and Marah. I prayed for the family who will come to live there.
In the evening I had dinner with my son Ben and shared a wonderful time with him all to myself. I am so thankful for my children.
Today I went into the church to say goodbye to my colleagues, particularly Peter Holmes, with whom I have worked closely for the last 8 years and who has been a wonderful mentor and a caring friend. I thank God for all that He has taught me through Peter and the people at Yorkminster Park. Whoever fills my position will be blessed to be part of such a church family.
I turned in my keys to the church and my office and walked away from the building, thankful for my years there, but certain that God is leading me forward.
And so, this week, the last farewells will be said and I will be on my way. Thank you all for your prayers. The most recent answer is this computer. I went and ordered it just last Monday and they said it might take 2 weeks. I asked the rep to put a rush on it, and I prayed for it to come in time - and here it is! So now I have my laptop and will be able to keep in touch with you all. God is good!!
Please also pray for my mother, who is having cataract surgery tomorrow. I am so glad I can be with her to see her through this time and to share some special time together.
In a worldy sense, i have nothing but in the spiritual dimension I have riches beyond compare: a Saviour who loves me, a wonderful family, and many many special friends - true wealth. Thanks be to God.

No comments:

Post a Comment