Sunday, May 09, 2010

Catching up

When was the last time I told you about my life? Blame Facebook! I keep forgetting to blog because FB distracts me. Well, there are other distractions in my life as well! We have been so busy recently and I cannot tell you how happy I am that I have a few weeks vacation starting now. Tomorrow I will go to Canada to be there for the birth of my third grandchild! Can you imagine!! Awesome!!


It's lilac season and the lovely aroma of lilacs can be appreciated
everywhere. And it seems that there are enough lilacs for everyone to take a bouquet home!!! Besides lilacs, let me show you a few other things that have been happening in April and May here in Moldova.
So before I leave I just want to share some photos with you from recent weeks. Before too long it will be grandbaby photos I will be posting!!

For the whole month of April the Transit Team was with us, helping with various kinds of work wherever there was a need. They enjoyed working together with the Bus4Life ministry as this huge vehicle travelled from village to village bringing good literature and giving opportunity for children's programs to be run and elderly to have something interesting to do.
I was glad to be able to have them over for a meal to my place one evening.











As well as that team, I also had the opportunity to go to a village to visit one of our outreach teams with the missions training course. It was a beautiful day and they were working in a garden for an old woman, Sora Dunia. As they planted seeds in the ground, they were also planting spiritual seed of the gospel in the villages where they serve.

Sora Dunia was happy to share with me about her life and some of the problems she has had.






I met another very lovely and interesting sister in the Lord recently - sister Valentina. (see lady on left in photo) Valentina has made some slippers for us, for our little project. She is a cancer survivor who I think is still battling cancer. She had to rent her home in a village to come and live in Chisinau to obtain medical treatment. She and her daughter are living in a one-room "apartment" in a highrise where the lift is questionable. Their single room has no amenities and very little space. The only good thing about it was the view from 2 large windows out over the city.


One of the most noteable events recently was Vlad and Veronica's wedding on May Day. The bride was beautiful and it was a lovely day for a wedding.

There was all manner of Moldovan delicacies on the tables. Some are things we opt not to eat, if you can imagine that! But most was delicious and well-received. There were a lot of our team members there so it seemed like a real family affair.
I have to go and catch a plane now, so that's it for this post. Next one could be a birth announcement!!












No comments:

Post a Comment