Monday, February 16, 2009

Making God smile

When you look at the life of Jesus you see that above all, His heart was moved by the things that moved the heart of the Father. In fact, His life's purpose was motivated by the love of God for his lost children. He showed His love for God the Father by pouring out His life and His love for those whom God loved.

In my life, I have felt most loved and cared for when someone has shared in caring for those who are most precious to me. When my children were small, I had friends whose greatest act of love towards me was that of caring for my children. I still have friends who care for my children and grandchildren in very tangible ways, when I am too far away to do much that is tangible for them. For these friends I am most grateful. (You know who you are.)




And this week, a friend has also shown her love for me by caring for those who are special to me here in Moldova. I received a package in the mail that contained a gift for me. But it also contained similar gifts - lovingly and creatively and beautifully made by hand - for two of my co-workers, individualized for each of them. My dear sister in Christ, you have touched my heart by your thoughtfulness and care. Thank you so much. (You know who you are.)

I have felt this kind of love from others, also, who have embraced the work in which I am involved by praying for me and for my team and for our ministries here in Moldova, and by supporting our work financially and by participating in some way. But I know that their care is motivated by more than just their love for me. They are motivated by their love for the Father and their desire to share His love with others.

In the same way as my friend showed me her love by caring for my friends, we show our love for God by caring for those who are precious to Him. Whether it is children in Moldova or street kids in Toronto, or AIDS orphans in Zimbabwe or seniors in retirement homes or homeless people in shelters or single mothers in housing projects or people nearby or in faraway lands who have never heard about God's love or the name of Jesus; by caring for these ones who are so precious to the Father, we show our love for Him in a way that I am sure causes Him to smile.








Today I was reading some reports on some of our projects here in Moldova - stories that illustrated the difference we are making in the lives of children through the day centres we help to facilitate. Some of the situations in which these children live are heartbreaking. God sees and cares. I am just so thankful that - because someone gave




and someone prayed






and someone left home to live and work in Moldova









and someone trained national workers how to work with children





and someone made sure that health and safety standards were met




and someone is preparing healthy meals each day,









and someone takes care of the finances


and someone writes reports to donors -

that children in 10 different day centers around Moldova have had a hot meal today and help with their homework and have been shown and told about the love of God for them.

How about you? Have you done something today that caused our heavenly Father to smile? How have you cared for those who are precious to Him?

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous2:54 p.m.

    Thank you for the work you doing to make our Father smile. God bless you. Aniko

    ReplyDelete