Saturday, July 07, 2007

Happy Canada Day!



What better place is there to be on July 1st than Canada? I am in the right place at the right time with the right people. Friday I arrived back in my homeland with much rejoicing to see all my children and my beautiful grandson, Alejandro. Can you tell from this picture how happy I am? It didn’t take too long for Ali J to become accustomed to me. In fact, by Saturday evening his mom (my daughter Marah) was able to go out for an evening with her brothers and her friends while me and Ali J got better acquainted at our temporary ‘home’ (friends we are staying with, the Hetheringtons). Alejandro was as good as gold and when Marah arrived home he was sound asleep and it wasn’t long before I was too! This grandmothering thing takes energy!

On Saturday it was a blessing as well to introduce Alejandro to his great-grandmother for the first time. My mom was delighted to show him off to all her friends in the retirement home where she is living. We had a nice visit with her but not much luck getting a good photo with all 4 of us looking at the camera at the same time.
In church this morning we sang our national anthem ‘O Canada!’ and after 2 years of living in a former Soviet bloc country, it was with more appreciation than ever that I gave tearful thanks for my country.

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous6:01 a.m.

    What a wonderful reunion. Those are great pictures. I am amazed at how much Marah looks more and more like you every day. Enjoy your time with your family and I can't wait to hear all about it and to see more pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous6:48 p.m.

    Welcome back to Canada, Barb! Remember me, Joanne Robertson, your former neighbour from Sammon Ave.? I was happy to read the news in your blog about you and the kids, and your grandson! Congratulations to Marah!

    Andrew, Rosco and I are still on Sammon.
    I know you are probably busy, but if you have a minute, you can email me at joannerob90@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous11:20 a.m.

    hey girl, welcome home!! for a short time anyway. I haven't been on the computer blogging or Facebooking for awhile. Decided to take the summer off and actually get lots of stuff done, its working. Wow, does Marah ever look like you!!!!!! Hope your trip has been an awesome one....hugs to you, Cheryl Moody

    ReplyDelete