Saturday, June 16, 2007

Cherry Season

Cherry season... the beginning of the harvest season, with fresh cherries abundant everywhere. Tomorrow I will teach my new Moldovan roommate how to bake pie - cherry pie, of course! In Moldova they do not have pie but they have something along the same line called 'placinta'. Next week I will ask Viorica to teach me how to make that! Outside our OM office building are several cherry trees. It is common practice as team members come and go morning and evening to stop off at the trees and help themselves to the luscious cherries. Good missionaries that we are, we even give thanks for those cherries that have been blessed with an extra portion of meat...(worms are protein, right?).

Not only are cherries growing, but the coming grape harvest is already in evidence in the beautiful and abundant grape arbors of Moldova.








We are excited that our new building is nearing completion and we finally have our water connected! We continue to pray for electricity and gas to soon be connected. It's good to have water connected, too, as the weather has been so hot - in the 30's! and a water supply is important. Our cook is enjoying the new facilities even though they are still somewhat makeshift.



But mostly, these days, my mind is wandering to Canada. Soon my body will follow and I will be able to hold in my arms my darling, gorgeous grandson, Ali J. I will also be able to hug and talk and laugh with all three of my children. And visit my mother, my church, and many friends as well - how blessed I am!

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous4:14 p.m.

    Enjoy your much deserved visit with your family and friends. I look forward to hearing all about your trip. Meanwhile, enjoy those cherries and have some for me!

    ReplyDelete