Thursday, May 25, 2006

sorry it's been a while...


I guess I've been pretty busy lately. Part of it was that I had a cold - battled it for a couple weeks and eventually realized it had developed into a sinus infection. But that's all fine now and I can't claim illness as my excuse any longer. But when I try to figure out what I've been doing, not really sure. I did arrange a farewell celebration for our team-mate Victor, who has gone off to be a missionary in another country. Then I went with the group who saw him off at the airport one evening. There's always people coming and going. We have a new recruit here from Austria and getting her established in her program and in the team, is one of my responsibilities. I have also been working at arranging my schedule to allow time for preparation for a couple Bible studies I have led, for some sharing I was going to do, and for co-leading the Bibles studies at our annual team retreat coming up next week. So I guess it's fair to say that the time I have usually spent writing on my blog is starting to be used for preparation time for doing some of the teaching I love to do. Yesterday morning I led a study on Ephesians and on Sunday I went with Matthew to some village churches where I was able to share a word of testimony and sing a song. I do enjoy getting out to the villages and seeing a bit of the rural life in Moldova. Here's an example of the roads in the villages. I was just as glad not to be driving on Sunday!
But I am always happy to come back to my own little apartment where I can close the door, put up my feet, put on some music and relax.
One of my favourite responsibilities each week is leading our little Global Action group - a core study program that I am leading 3 girls in. So on Friday mornings I bring them to my apartment so we can drink coffee, eat muffins, and share in our Bible study. It's a very special time and Marah refers to these girls as my 'wannabe' daughters. They're not my Marah, but they are still pretty special.
Speaking of Marah, wedding plans are coming along - even half a world away. There was a bit of a glitch when someone somehow got my credit card number and started stealing money from my account. RBC Visa got right on it so, praise the Lord, I am not out any money but it's pretty unsettling to have this kind of scam defraud you of oodles of money without them even having the card itself!! So paying wedding bills has been put on hold until my new card arrives by courier. (I keep thinking of Tom Hanks, FedEx and the soccer ball, and wondering if and how the card will ever get here. The same is true, actually of my plane ticket to Canada - it is coming via courier. Five business days, they say. Wonder what that translates into in Moldova time...)
That's the other thing recently - there's been a lot of contact back and forth with family and friends in Canada. My sister and niece are coming to visit in July and I am trying to find a cheap and easy way for them to get here from Vienna. You wouldn't think that would be so complicated - but it is!
Also, Jenni went to my storage locker to get me some books which she will bring when they come this summer. In doing so, she had a visit with my son Ben. I was really delighted to receive this picture of Jenni and Ben.

No comments:

Post a Comment