Sunday, April 09, 2006

Trying to Stem the Inevitable

Since I left Canada I have had news of 3 different engagements of people with whom I have varying degrees of attachment. I was delighted to hear about these dear friends and about my nephew Jamie, although disappointed that I would have to miss his wedding in July. And although my daughter had invited a young man home for me to meet last summer before I left, I reassured myself – and reminded her – that she had been clearly instructed there were to be no weddings for at least two years.

On Friday, April 7, Marah turned 21…
…and she got engaged!

There are some things over which a mother simply has no control. All we can do is love from a distance. Thankfully, Marah is on her way here to Moldova to visit for 2+ weeks so we will be able to hash out all the details and plans that need to be made. Ask me about keeping my mind on my work - it's not happening.

Congratulations, Dan and Marah!

No comments:

Post a Comment