Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Briefly Back to Budapest


You wouldn't necessarily expect to find John Calvin in Budapest but sure enough, there he is standing in Kalvin ter (Calvin Square) presumably reminding those who pass of the great influence he had on the Reformation. It was near this statue that I attended a conference/consultation on member care in mission agencies in central and eastern Europe. This was an interesting time, with input from missionaries from Estonia, Poland, Slovakia, Bosnia, Hungary, Romania, Italy and of course, Moldova.
As well as enjoying the conference, I enjoyed the experience of simply being in Budapest once again. I had wonderful hosts during my stay there and my friend Sue was extremely generous with her time, showing me around and taking me on an adventure with her and another friend. She filled me in on many of the must-sees of the city and places I need to go next time I come.
When I left from Budapest, it had been a beautiful spring day. How delighted I was, when I woke up the next morning in Moldova, to discover that finally it is spring here too!

1 comment:

  1. Dear Barb,

    How nice that it's springtime there! Here in Sweden we are beginning to wonder if we actually live in Narnia - "always winter and never Christmas". Yesterday it was -5 and there is still a ton of snow on the ground.

    But the sun is shining.

    So glad that you had a great time in Budapest. Grace and peace to you.

    much love,
    Susan (& Anders)

    ReplyDelete