Sunday, February 19, 2006

My Team


This weekend we had a team retreat. It was exhausting but nevertheless, a really good time. As well as Bible study and small group sharing and prayer times, we had workshops and seminars, interesting meals and lots of fun together. One of the most interesting small group experiences I have ever had was on Saturday when we had guests who speak Russian and English, but no Romanian. In our group we had four who speak Romanian, Russian and very little English. When Russian was spoken, someone would translate into English or Romanian. . When Romanian was spoken, a couple of times I actually translated into English, or someone would translate into Russian. When English was spoken - if you can imagine!, I translated into Romanian for my Moldovan team-mates. This kind of language gymnastics is very normal in the OM world.The Christovam family (from Brazil) taught us a Portuguese song this morning during our 'Family Bible Adventure'

This afternoon we all went out to a park together and had quite a wild time. It was mild and there was lots of sticky snow - you guessed it - suitable for snowballs. I think everyone got their face washed with snow at least once, including me. When I look at this group of people that God has blessed me to be part of, I am in awe. This is an outstanding group, with a sense of fun and family and unity and personal concern that is just great. Tomorrow, five more members will be joining our team - all Americans! It will be nice to welcome other English speakers, and I look forward to helping them to feel at home and part of the team.

No comments:

Post a Comment