Thursday, October 13, 2005

A Sunnier Day!

Greetings, all!
Well, today the sun was shining, the bathrooms were working and I went to meet the family with whom I will be staying for the next three months. It is a couple in their 50's - empty-nesters - who live in a village called Ialoveni (pronounce Yellowven) which is about 20 minutes away by minibus. I will stay there and come in and out to the centre most days or visit in the community with different people who will help me with my language. My Romanian lesson went very well today and I knew most of the words from the first few vocabularies AND I actually had what might be called a conversation in Romanian with Sister Leona, the woman whose house I will be staying at. Are you impressed or what? Praise God!
And - the very best news is that the house has an indoor toilet - never mind that you have to flush it with a bucket! There is also warm water for bahing as there is a propane heater (like the one we had in Poland) in the bathroom. I have my own room and there is an empty cupboard to hang my clothes and a table to set up with all my books and papers. At last I can spread out a bit!
Ianos (pronounce Yanosh) is from Ialoveni and he took me there to see it. Oh - my ride is here and it's time to go - watch for more details! Glory to God for all his goodness.

No comments:

Post a Comment