Sunday, July 24, 2005

The truth about Moldova



For those who don't know yet, Moldova is between Romania and Ukraine, just above the Black Sea. (Go to Istanbul and head north)
I will be leaving on August 22, travelling first to Holland for an orientation conference. Then I will travel to Budapest, Hungary for a month-long Missionary Training School, where I will gain some language acquisition skills and some cross-cultural training. I will also meet some of the people I will be working with, and hopefully do some sight-seeing! I hear that Budapest is beautiful. So it will be October before I get to Moldova.
Although I don't know yet specifically what I will be doing, I expect that eventually I will be very involved in leadership training. OM Moldova have a vision to open a World Missions Training Centre in Chisenau, the capital city. They are already on the path and I look forward to being part of this exciting project.
Initially, though, I will be a new recruit, struggling to learn the language (Romanian) and trying to comprehend the culture. I will spend my first three months living with a Moldovan family. And no doubt, thinking of my family and friends in Canada and missing you all. Thank you for your prayers!

No comments:

Post a Comment