Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Proud sister(me)/missionary sister (mine)

I'm not the only missionary in my family. My sister Beverly (you'll remember her from my January blog of my trip to England as well as the photos of the beautiful quilt she made for me) is getting ready this week to take a short-term mission team from her church in Fredericton, New Brunswick (Canada) to the country of Belize. This is Bev's third time taking a team to Belize, including a group of puppeteers that she directs. It's exciting to see how God is using her gifts to help organize and plan and motivate not just the team, but the whole church to be involved in this mission outreach. They are a wonderful model of how God intends churches to unite in mission with a vision of sharing Christ's love in the world. If you want to follow their journey, check out their blog at www.2010belizemission.blogspot.com. If you or your church are thinking of being involved in a short-term mission, this blog is worth checking out if you want to get some ideas how it should be done!
Cu Domnul, Bev. (That means, the Lord be with you.) And with the Belize teams, both home and away!

No comments:

Post a Comment