Saturday, July 12, 2008

Missionary Life

So, you may ask, what do missionaries actually do? Let me show you:
They leap over walls in a single bound. "...and by my God do I leap over a wall." Psalm 18:29

They feed the multitudes.

"Then Jesus broke the loaves in pieces and kept giving them to the disciples to pass on to the crowd.
All of them ate and were filled." Luke 9:16,17






They ensure that there is fuel in the tank to keep the vehicles running.

"...and then you can help me to continue my trip,..."
I Corinthians 16:6





Where life is empty and colourless, they bring the colour and joy of God's love.

'I said, "I am falling"; but your constant love, O LORD, held me up.
Whenever I am anxious and worried, you comfort me and make me glad.' Psalm 94:18,19


And as they enjoy close fellowship, they are always learning more and more to love one another.

Behold, how good and how pleasant it is For brethren to dwell together in unity! Psalm 133:1

This is my commandment, that ye love one another, even as I have loved you. John 15:12






After a week and a half of working with children and youth in the hot summer sun, missionaries are glad for a break. They appreciate Jesus' words to his disciples.
He said to them, "Come away to a deserted place all by yourselves and rest for a while." For so many people were coming and going that they didn't even have time to eat. Mark 6:35

Missionaries go out to the streets and fields to invite people in. Some are happy to come to hear good news and others, though welcomed gladly, choose to watch from afar.
Then the master told the servant, 'Go out into the streets and the lanes and make the people come in, so that my house may be full. '
- Luke 14:23


They are always encouraging people to reach up and find God.

From one man he made every nation of humanity to live all over the earth,... so that they might look for God, somehow reach for him, and find him. Of course, he is never far from any one of us. Acts 17:26,27



Missionaries bring new life into the Kingdom!

Jesus replied to him, "Truly, truly I tell you, unless a person is born from above he cannot see the kingdom of God." John 3:3

Where there is an emptiness, the missionary will help people to see that the shape of that empty place is the shape of the cross.

Through the Son, then, God decided to bring the whole universe back to himself. God made peace through his Son's blood on the cross and so brought back to himself all things, both on earth and in heaven. Colossians 1:20














And we watch and wait for the day when Jesus will come again in the clouds and in glory...

Then the Son of Man will appear, coming in the clouds with great power and glory. Mark 13:26

















2 comments:

  1. My name is Andrea and I'm an italian illustrator. A few days ago my publisher asked me to paint an illustration with moldovian protagonist.
    I don't know the culture of Moldova and so I tryed to search some pictures of typical moldovian costumes in internet but I didn't find enough photos.
    I have thought to draw the typical moldovian animal wears the typical moldovian male costume. Can you help me about the animal and costume?
    Many thanks
    Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous8:38 p.m.

    Great story and great pictures!

    ReplyDelete