Sunday, April 06, 2008

a casa in Moldova


Just so you know, "a casa" means "at home" - and that's where I am. I arrived back in Moldova last night after many goodbyes and many hours of travelling. It was wonderful to arrive back, to be greeted by my teammates and to be welcomed into my new apartment. It will take a few days to get everything in order and gather all my belongings from where they are stored into my new home. I'm just glad to no longer be living out of a suitcase. I am also thankful for the homes I have had while I was in Canada, and the people I have stayed with. Thanks to Tom & Cher, John & Laura, Bob and Carol, my sister Bev, Mom, Lorraine and Kevin, Anna and Barry, Marah and Daniel, Janet, Bob & Jan, Gwen & Eddy, Marianne - wow! I stayed a lot of different places in the last 3 months. Now you know why I'm glad to be home in my own casa. I'll write more once I'm settled and re-oriented.
The photo shows my living room when still occupied by the previous tenants. They took the plants and the TV with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment