Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Feasting on Friendship & Rejoicing with Family


I was so excited on Saturday - I finally received the Christmas parcel from my sister! Hurrah! and the customs dude at the post office even let me bring it home without it being opened and examined minutely, which would be the normal procedure for incoming international parcels.

< My sister Beverly (thanks, Bev!)



Earlier in the week I received practically all my Christmas cards in one big pile. I came home and put my feet up and feasted on the friendships with which I have been blessed. Somehow receiving Christmas cards AFTER the time you had expected them is like a whole other gift! I paid closer attention to the thoughtful words and the beautiful verses. I listened more carefully to the family news in Christmas newsletters from friends I only hear from once a year. I savoured every line and treasured the promise of prayer offered by so many. Once again I was reminded how blessed I am. Thank you, dear friends, each of you who have cared enough about me to spend the extra money on postage to send a card to Moldova. Don't worry that it didn't arrive before Christmas. (God bless Moldova Post.) After all, Christmas lasts for well over a month when you are on an international team - starting with December 6 for the Dutch and finishing with "old" Christmas for the Moldovans on Jan. 7 and then even further with "old" New Year on Jan. 14!!
And I wish you all a most blessed 2007.
But wait!
While I'm telling you about my wonderful sister, I also need to share the news about her daughter, my wonderful niece - Jenni. This weekend a very intelligent man made a very wise decision when he brought this chocolate truffle cake to my chocoholic niece (ok, so it runs in the family - never mind). Even if it hadn't been chocolate, I am sure that the answer Jenni would have given would be the same as she has been quite smitten with this knight in shining armour for quite a while.
So - congratulations to Jenni and Chris on their upcoming wedding in July 2007. Already for you and your family the year has brought joy and blessings. May you know many more!!

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous9:49 p.m.

    May God bless in the work that your doing

    ReplyDelete